I love fall weather. I love bundling up in sweaters and boots, cuddling under quilts and warm comfort food. This is just that. Perfect sunday comfort food. I love lazy sundays and this meal works perfect for that.
So here is what you’ll need:
3 Tbsp. oil
Brisket 2-3 lbs
Medium size sweet onion
2 tsp parsley
salt & pepper
4 cloves fresh garlic
2 cans beef broth
water (1 to 2 cups)
I do the following the night before:
1. Chop up your onion. The size and shape doesn’t realy matter. Whatever you’ll want on your sandwich. Place in the bottom of your crock pot/slow cooker and cover with one can of broth
2. Heat your oil in a large. While it is heating cut any big fat chunks off your meat. Then genoursly cover the meat with salt and pepper. Using the hot oil sear each side of the Brisket until its brown. Then place your brisket into the crockpot on top of the onions. Cover the top of the brisket with your parsely. Mince your garlic and spread on top of the brisket. Add the second can of broth and enough water to cover the brisket.
3. Place in the fridge over night.
The next morning cook on low for 6 hours. Then cook on high for 2-3 addtional hours. Remove the meet and shred.
1. Take your hoagie rolls (I used french this time but sourdough is really good too!) butter both sides of bread and place under broiler for 2 minutes or until bread starts to lightly brown. (broiler on low)
2. Place meet on one side of the roll and top with onions. On the other side place 1 to 2 pieces of Swiss cheese. Put back under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
3. Use the left over broth from the crock pot to dip it in. And Enjoy!!!!!